Mon, Mar 01|
The Art and Science of Gua Sha LIVE
This class is a live, in-person event with Scott Raymond LMT Gua sha is an integrative therapy that involves gliding a smooth-edged instrument known as a gua massage tool over the client’s skin to improve circulation, reduce inflammation, increase range of motion, and relieve chronic pain
Time & Location
Mar 01, 2021, 10:00 AM – 2:30 PM
StrongHouse Studio, 168 Center St, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About The Event
During this 4 hour course, attendees are live at the studio and will learn:
· The history of Gua Sha
· How to approach a client about receiving Gua Sha
· Post session care for the client
· The indications and contraindications of Gua Sha
· How to care for your tools
· How to integrate this bodywork modality into a massage session, while staying within our scope of practice.
This class will focus on applying Gua Sha to a client’s back, hips, neck, arms, and legs for addressing the soft tissues of the body including the fascia and musculoskeletal system. A gentle version that can be used on the face as a facial technique will be discussed.
**Massage tables and Gua Sha "spoons" will be provided for you
Please bring linens, and lubricant for the skin for this course.
The Art and Science of Gua Sha
LIVE at StrongHouse Studio