Sun, Feb 02|
The Art and Science of Gua Sha
Gua sha is an integrative therapy that involves gliding a smooth-edged instrument known as a gua massage tool over the client’s skin to improve circulation, reduce inflammation, increase range of motion, and relieve chronic pain
Time & Location
Feb 02, 2020, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
StrongHouse Studio, 168 Center St, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About The Event
During this 4 hour course, attendees will learn:
· The history of Gua Sha
· How to approach a client about receiving Gua Sha
· Post session care for the client
· The indications and contraindications of Gua Sha
· How to care for your tools
· How to integrate this bodywork modality into a massage session, while staying within our scope of practice.
This class will focus on applying Gua Sha to a client’s back, hips, neck, arms, and legs for addressing the soft tissues of the body including the fascia and musculoskeletal system. A gentle version that can be used on the face as a facial technique will be discussed.
*Massage tables and Gua Sha "spoons" will be provided for you.
Please bring linens, and lubricant for the skin for this course.
The Art and Science of Gua Sha$125.00