Sun, Apr 11|
(In Person) Introduction to Cupping Therapy
This class is live in studio with Scott Raymond LMT Cupping therapy, commonly referred to as “cupping”, has been used therapeutically for thousands of years. Click on the link for more details
Time & Location
Apr 11, 2021, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
StrongHouse Studio, 168 Center St, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About The Event
Cupping has shown to increase ROM and local circulation, decrease pain, and create ease in the body. During this 4 hour course, attendees will learn:
· The history of cupping
· How to approach a client about receiving cupping
· Cupping aftercare for the client
· The indications and contraindications of cupping
· How to care for your cups
· The difference between using the cups as a stationary tool, and sliding the cups to work the fascia and soft tissues of the body
· How to integrate this bodywork modality into a massage session, while staying within our scope of practice.
We will examine and show applications of various styles of cups including glass, acrylic, and silicone cups. Attendees will be able to observe various applications of cupping as well as practice with partners to learn the differences between lighter and deeper cupping applications. Fire cupping will be discussed, but not performed during this class.
Attendees will be able to:
• Clearly explain and demonstrate how to communicate with a client about the benefits of cupping
• Clearly explain and demonstrate how to communicate with a client about post session care
• Clearly explain and demonstrate when cupping therapy is indicated during a session
• Clearly explain and demonstrate when cupping therapy is contraindicated
• Clearly explain and demonstrate how to care for massage cups
• Clearly demonstrate how to use the cups as a stationary tool
• Clearly explain and demonstrate how to slide the cups to work the fascia and soft tissues of the body
• Clearly explain and demonstrate how to confidently integrate this bodywork modality into a massage session, while staying within our scope of practice
Tables and all other equipment will be provided if you are taking class live in the studio.
Please bring clean linens, ppp, and any food or beverage you need.
If you are taking class remotely, please ensure you have a person to practice on during class.
Intro to Cupping
Streaming LIVE via Zoom