Sun, Oct 08|
StrongHouse Studio - Southington
Getting Comfortable working with TMJ Dysfunction LIVE In-Studio
Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Dysfunction affects approximately 10 million Americans annually and massage is an often overlooked yet extremely effective approach to TMJ Dysfunction (TMD) - Join Scott Raymond, LMT for this 6 hour class.
Time & Location
Oct 08, 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
StrongHouse Studio - Southington, 168 Center St #204, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About The Event
Facilitated by Scott Raymond LMT, this 6-hour hands-on workshop will get deeper into the anatomy and bio-mechanics involved in TMJ dysfunction along with common complaints and how to address the symptoms of TMJ dysfunction while staying within our scope of practice. Attendees will learn how to integrate myofascial release, trigger point therapy, along with neuromuscular and intraoral techniques into their regular style of practice while following all protocols and regulations set forth by the state that the workshop is being taught.
During this 6-hour course, attendees will:
· Review temporomandibular, oral, and cervical spine anatomy
· Create a deeper understanding of the biomechanics of the temporomandibular joint
· Understand the indications and contraindications of working with the temporomandibular joint
· Have time to effectively integrate new hands-on modalities for TMD into their general style of practice.
· Learn how to approach intraoral massage with clients following the guidelines set forth by the state in which the class is being taught
· Learn how to advise clients how to improve the function of the temporomandibular joint, and who to refer out to when no longer within our scope of practice
Linens and PPP equipment including gloves for intraoral work, and lubricant for the skin are required for this course.
Tables, stools, and Bolsters are supplied for you