Tue, Sep 05|
Getting Comfortable Working With the Anterior Neck
Addressing issues arising from the anterior neck can be intimidating. Disfunction with the anterior neck musculature can result in headaches, limited range of motion, upper extremity neuropathy, and swallowing issues. The musculature can refer pain from the head down through the upper extremities.
Time & Location
Sep 05, 2023, 6:00 PM – Sep 06, 2023, 10:00 PM
StrongHouse Studio, 168 Center St, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About The Event
In addition to pain and discomfort anywhere from the head to the tips of your fingers, cervical soft tissue dysfunction can contribute to weakness, decreased range of motion, headaches, and difficulty in swallowing. Anterior neck massage can be just as uncomfortable for you as it is for your client. Getting over the discomfort is the first step to addressing the entire cervical spine. (It's like working the Trapezius all day for upper shoulder pain, but not addressing the Pectorals!)
During this 4 hour session attendees will learn:
- How to approach your client about receiving anterior neck work
- The indications and contraindications of working with the anterior neck
- Various hands on techniques to obtain the desired results from the massage session
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the neck
- The role of the soft tissue in static and dynamic posture
- Why soft tissue dysfunction can cause referred pain and reduced range of motion in the head, neck, and upper extremities
This is a hands on class. The studio is fully stocked with tables and required equipment. Please bring linens and your favorite lubricant for the skin.