Wed, Sep 20|
Abdominal Therapy for Professionals Part 2
Join Erica Grossman for a four-day exploration of the anatomy and physiology of the abdomen and pelvis, and explore how discomfort and dysfunction in the digestive and reproductive systems can be addressed through gentle abdominal and back massage.
Time & Location
Sep 20, 9:00 AM – Sep 23, 5:00 PM
StrongHouse Studio, 168 Center St #204, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About The Event
Join Erica Grossman for a four-day exploration of the anatomy and physiology of the abdomen and pelvis, and explore how discomfort and dysfunction in the digestive and reproductive systems can be addressed through gentle abdominal and back massage. Students will learn how to integrate the anterior abdominal therapy plus the posterior protocol into a complete professional treatment.
During this 28 ce hour course, attendees will:
- Review anatomy and physiology of the digestive system, reproductive anatomy, and structural anatomy of the lumbosacral region
- Gain deeper understanding of the role of the sacrum and coccyx and how they can relate to various pain patterns and system functions
- Explore the muscular, nervous and circulatory systems that support and engage with the internal organs of the abdominal and pelvic cavity
- Understand cautions and contraindications for working with people in varying stages of life, as well as with a wide range of symptoms and abdominal and pelvic disorders
- Learn how to perform a complete professional anterior and posterior Abdominal Therapy treatment, including client education for self massage and other supportive modalities
- Integrate steps to being a trauma-informed practitioner, and learn how to create a safe space for clients when working on such an vulnerable region of the body
- Explore the traditional lineage of this work and acknowledge the cultural and historical origins of this style of bodywork
- Be able to perform a complete client consultation in order to recognize professional boundaries, scope of practice, and when to refer out.
Prerequesite: Abdominal Therapy for Professionals: Part 1 (anterior)
*Students should bring a full set of linens including face cradle cover, pillowcase or hand towel, and unscented massage lubricant.