Sun, Apr 21|
Gua Sha for Structural Alignment with Mark Parzynski, DAOM, L.Ac.
This class is a live, in-person event with Mark Parzynski, DAOM, L.Ac. Gua Sha, a healing technique originating from traditional Chinese medicine, has garnered increasing recognition among healthcare practitioners for its profound effects on structural alignment and overall wellness.
Time & Location
Apr 21, 2024, 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
StrongHouse Studio, 168 Center St, Southington, CT 06489, USA
About The Event
Join Mark Parzynski, DAOM, L.Ac., Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and metalworks artisan who creates beautiful and effective gua sha and bodywork tools for the next step in bringing gua sha to your table. This class goes deeper into the practice and application of gua sha for massage therapists. Bring your own tools and Mark will also provide tools for practice and purchase.
By integrating Gua Sha and an understanding of the body's interconnected structure into their practice, massage therapists can address musculoskeletal issues more effectively, providing their clients with improved well-being and enhanced structural alignment. This course will be a valuable asset to any massage therapist looking to expand their skills and deliver exceptional services to their clients.
During this 8 hour course, attendees are live at the studio and will learn:
1. Gain a comprehensive understanding of Gua Sha, including its history, principles, and techniques.
2. Develop the ability to apply Gua Sha techniques effectively in massage therapy practice.
3. Recognize the body as a tensegrity matrix and appreciate how imbalances affect structural alignment and overall wellness.
4. Learn techniques and strategies to address sacral imbalances using Gua Sha.
5. Understand the significance of fascia in maintaining structural alignment and learn how Gua Sha can assist in releasing fascial restrictions.
6. Identify contraindications and precautions related to Gua Sha treatment.
7. Acquire the skills to use Gua Sha techniques for full-body integration, promoting natural self-regulation and structural alignment.
8. Develop effective strategies for educating clients about Gua Sha benefits and aftercare.
Tables and all other equipment will be provided if you are taking class live in the studio.
Please bring clean linens, ppp, and any food or beverage you need.
If you are taking class remotely, please ensure you have a person to practice on during class.
Gua Sha "spoons" will be provided for you and a variety of tools will be available to try out.
Please bring linens and lubricant for the skin for this course.
- Ticket type
Gua Sha Structural Alignment
LIVE at StrongHouse Studio with Mark Parzynski, DAOM, L.Ac., Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, owner of AcuartistryPrice$320.00