(In Person) Advanced Cupping Techniques for the Lower Extremities
Time & Location
About The Event
Cupping therapy, commonly referred to as “cupping”, has been used therapeutically for thousands of years. Cupping therapy has shown to increase ROM and local circulation, decrease pain, and create ease in the body.
During this 4-hour course, attendees will:
· Review the anatomy of the lower extremities
· Learn how to approach a client about cupping therapy for lower extremity conditions
· Learn the importance of post session care for the client
· Understand the indications and contraindications of cupping for the lower extremities
· Understand difference between using the cups as a stationary tool, and sliding the cups to work the fascia and soft tissues of the lower extremities
· Learn how to integrate this bodywork modality into a massage session, while staying within our scope of practice
We will examine and show applications of various styles of cupping therapy to the lower extremities to reduce the discomfort of lower extremity dysfunction. After a review of the anatomy, attendees will be able to observe various applications of cupping as well as practice with partners to learn the differences between lighter and deeper cupping applications to increase ROM, decrease pain, and create ease in the lower extremities.
*Massage tables, linens, lubricant for the skin, and cups are required for this course.
Only silicone or vacuum cups are allowed in class.
- The Art and Science of Gua Sha$125$1250$0